I moved MOSS dev site to prod environment, its shows error where ever having XSLT dataview.
In your Web browser:
Unable to display this Web Part. To troubleshoot the problem, open this Web page in a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible HTML editor such as Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. If the problem persists, contact your Web server administrator.
In SharePoint Designer:
The server returned a non-specific error when trying to get data from the data source. Check the format and content of your query and try again. If the problem persists, contact the server administrator.
I searched in google and msdn, i didn’t get any solution.
After that i find the fix.
I opened both dev and prod in Sharepoint Designer, Check the GUIDs for DataSource its same in both dev and prod, but the list guid not same.
I find the dev list guid in sharepoint designer page and replace the prod guid. Saved and open the page in Browser its working fine.
When you convert a webpart to a XSLT dataview with Sharepoint Designer it creates a datasource which points to the list used. The reference to the datasource is given using the ‘GUID’ of the list. So, when we do a backup/restore (SPD) or export/import (stsadm), or Site template the new list created will have a GUID different from that of the original list. However, the restore does not update the original links with the new GUID. So, the View is unable to fetch data from the datasource and can’t show the list.
For reference Error Screen