SharePoint Hub sites are out and new way to organizing your global or Organizational Level site News, Contents, navigation, theme and logo. Here I am going to list out the some useful information to know before start using it.
- You can create a Classic SharePoint Site as Hub Site with Limitations. Yes with Limitations (News and content rollup will not support)
- You can associate hub site for any site collection or Subsite. If you associate Subsite as Hub Site, the good news is the parent site doesn’t have to be a part of the hub site.
- You can convert existing Sites to Hub Sites.
- Create and Manage SharePoint Hub Sites
- You won’t be able to associate a SharePoint hub site to another hub site
- You can’t associate more than one SharePoint Hub Site
- Microsoft recommend selecting a communication site, or a team site that uses the new template. If you use a classic team site, the hub site navigation will only appear on modern pages, including document libraries, lists, and site contents. Hub site settings will only appear on modern pages.
- You can create up to 50 hub sites for an organization
- If you set up SharePoint Multi-Geo for your organization, only sites within the same geo location can be associated with a hub site
- No limit to associate hub site.
- When users associate their sites with a hub site, it doesn’t impact the permissions of either the hub site or the associated sites. It’s important to make sure all users you allow to associate sites to the hub site have permission to the hub site.
- Implementing Security trimming for Hub Site Navigation refer here…
- While removing hub site association from the site, theme will not restore automatically. You need to change manually.
- You can create root site collection as Hub Site refer here
- While creating site, looking for automatically associate hub sit, click here to know step by step implementation…
- Getting all your Hub Site content using Search API
SharePoint hub sites will begin to roll out to Targeted Release customers starting late March 2018 and will be completed within 1 month. We are then targeting early May 2018 for complete worldwide rollout. Still you are not getting the feature in your tenant, please verify the release options in Office 365 Admin and change to “Targeted release for everyone”. To setup Standard or Targeted release click here
Download and install the SharePoint Online Management Shell. If you already have a previous version of the shell installed, uninstall it first and then install the latest version