Nowadays most of the customer looking for an answer to choose with two products from microsoft for content management system (WCMS)
SharePoint – Microsoft SharePoint is one of the hottest software products in Microsoft history with its inception in 1999 as an extension in the html editing tool, FrontPage, Designer…
Sitecore – Sitecore was release in 2005 and is 100% focused on the customer experience and digital marketing of its web content management (WCM) system across all channels.
“Comparing Sitecore and SharePoint is like comparing a dog to a horse” by Asia Matos.
|The Benefits of SharePoint
||The Benefits of Sitecore
- Document management
- Internal portals focusing on collaboration and sharing With Yammer, internal portals focusing on social collaboration
- Known MS Office interface
- Already available or deployed in most organizations
- Microsoft Exchange, Lync, Office integration (SSO, AD)
- Simple out of the box workflow capability
- Spans outside of WCMS. Search, BI, social, document and record management, collaboration
- Simple non-dynamic web sites
- Integration capabilities are rich
- SharePoint has dash-boarding and reporting capabilities that are stronger than Sitecore.
- SharePoint is designed for you to build applications on it
- Full feature parity Cloud (Hosted) options include public clouds of Azure, AWS, and private clouds of Rackspace and Fpweb.net
- Single focus on WCMS and customer intelligence and engagement
- Simple to reuse content
Simple to reuse presentation templates and components
- Integrates extremely well with existing marketing software
- Right message, right channel, right time
- Dynamic content personalization
- Fully customizable
- Top enterprise grade Security and Support
- Has great Documentation
- Works with databases (SQL & MongoDB)
- Powerful Tools (xDB, XP, EXM)
- Native targeting and personalization within the user experience
- Sitecore is meant to gear your website towards a goal
- Available on public clouds of Azure and AWS
- Partial feature parity is available on public clouds of Azure and AWS. Full feature Cloud (Hosting) parity is available on private dedicated hosting clouds of Rackspace and Fpweb.net.
- SharePoint – SharePoint is licensed for the installation, and then per user
- Sitecore – Sitecore licensing is significantly more expensive initially, but there aren’t any costs per user
If you’re looking to build a public internet site on the Microsoft platform, choose Sitecore. otherwise SharePoint is the best platform, Since SharePoint is that it has a bigger community than Sitecore, and talent is easier to find. There are more user groups, conferences, and all-day showdowns for SharePoint. Sitecore has a decent following, but developers, architects, and subject matter experts are harder to find.
REF – MSDN