I’m excited today to read the post about a new release of ASP.NET Version 5. since this new release is one of the most significant architectural updates we’ve done to ASP.NET.
- ASP.NET 5 is an open source web framework for building modern web applications that can be developed and run on Windows, Linux and the Mac.
- Includes the MVC 6 framework, which now combines the features of MVC and Web API into a single web programming framework.
- With ASP.NET 5 you gain the following foundational improvements:
- Build and run cross-platform ASP.NET apps on Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Built on .NET Core, which supports true side-by-side app versioning.
- New tooling that simplifies modern Web development.
- Single aligned web stack for Web UI and Web APIs.
- Cloud-ready environment-based configuration.
- Integrated support for creating and using NuGet packages.
- Built-in support for dependency injection.
- Ability to host on IIS or self-host in your own process
- No longer requires System.Web.dll
- ASP.NET 5 version is released as part of Visual Studio 2015
click here to know more about new ASP.Net 5.0 and Visual Studio 2015